Summer Art and Photography Exhibition - Hurstpierpoint College

Summer Art and Photography Exhibition

The pieces on display were the culmination of two years of hard work put in by the students, as part of their exam and coursework portfolios. A whole host of different approaches were on show, from silk screening to collage, sculpture, animation, painting, drawing, and digital and analog work. Given the impressive standard of the pieces, it is unsurprising that this year’s Art results were excellent across the board; at GCSE, 100% of students obtained Grades 9-7, and at A-level, 82% secured an A* with the remaining 18% securing an A grade! On top of this, special congratulations go to those students who received personalised congratulations letters from OCR’s Chief Executive Jill Duffy, including Sophie A, Jessica B, Cara B, Tania K, Cara M, and Dexter T at GCSE level, and Amelia P, Anna J, Charlotte A, and Oranne G at A-level.

The evening was a great success, and all credit goes to the outgoing GCSE and A-level pupils who have worked so hard to achieve this. Richard Cuerden, Director of Art and Photography