Regulatory Compliance Inspection
A Regulatory Compliance Inspection of Hurst College Pre-Prep, Prep, Senior School and Sixth Form took place in late April 2016 by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
As this was a compliance only inspection, the ISI reports only on the school's compliance with the standards which represent minimum requirements and judgements are given as: met or not met.
The summary evaluation for Hurstpierpoint College states:
" The school meets the standards in the schedule to the Education (Indpendent School Standards) Regulations 2014, the National Miniumum Standards for Boarding Schools 2015 and associated requirements and no further action is required as a result of this inspection."
The full ISI Regulartory Compliance report is available on the ISI website.
An Interim Inspection of Hurstpierpoint College Pre-Prep, Prep School, Senior School and Sixth Form was conducted in late January 2011 by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
The ISI use four gradings in their reports: Excellent; Good; Satisfactory; Unsatisfactory. For the Early Years Foundation Stage the grade 'Outstanding' is also employed.
Below is a summary of the Inspectors' conclusions for each of the Hurst schools.
Prep and Pre-Prep
- Pupils’ achievements are excellent overall
- Major factors in pupils achievements are the excellent attitudes they have to learning, their exemplary behaviour and the positive relationships they enjoy with staff
- Pupils’ personal development is excellent
- Pupils' personal development is strongly supported by the excellent pastoral care shown by staff
- Teaching makes an effective contribution to pupils’ achievements, both academically and in their personal development
- Leadership and management are excellent
- Links with parents are excellent
The full ISI Interim Prep & Pre-Prep inspection report is available on the ISI website.
Early Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) inspection refers to our provision for Hurst’s Pre-Prep School children up to and including the age of 5.
- The overall effectiveness of the EYFS is outstanding
- Leadership and Management are excellent
- The quality of the provision is outstanding
- Outcomes for children are excellent
The full ISI Interim Pre-Prep EYFS inspection report is available on the ISI website.
Senior School and Sixth Form
- The overall quality of the pupils’ achievements is excellent.
- Attitudes to learning are outstanding throughout the school
- The quality of teaching is excellent
- The personal development of the pupils is excellent
- Pastoral care, based upon the strong house system is excellent
- The governance of the school is excellent
- Excellent leadership, with a clear vision for the future development of the school
- The partnerships with parents are excellent
- The safety and welfare of pupils are given the highest priority
- The strong boarding experience plays a valuable part in the pupils’ education and personal development
The full ISI Interim Senior & Sixth Form inspection report is available on the ISI website.
A summary of the ISI Interim Boarding Inspection in February 2013 is outlined below.
The intermediate inspection focuses on compliance with the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools and comments on the progress made by the school in meeting the recommendations set out in the most recent statutory boarding inspection carried out by Ofsted in June 2009. The inspection findings are not graded; they are a pass or fail.
The summary of the Inspection report confirmed that Hurst meets all the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools 2011 on the following criteria:
- Boarding provision and care
- Arrangements for welfare and safeguarding
- Leadership and management of the boarding provision
- Hurst met the recommendations made in the 2009 Ofsted boarding inspection report
The full ISI Interim boarding inspection report is available on the ISI website.