Climbing is another activity run by our Outdoor Education department.
We have a fully equipped climbing wall with top rope climbs, a bouldering wall and cave.
Climbing sessions are run on site throughout the week and are open to all Senior School students of any ability. During the Spring and Summer students have the opportunity to travel further afield and climb at some of the many outdoor climbing spots in Sussex and the South West of England. The department also runs various weekend trips for students who want to gain a wider range of climbing skills.
Our strong climbing teams compete in both local and national competitions, including the Sussex Independent Schools Climbing Competition (SISCC), which we host, and the prestigious National Independent Schools’ Climbing Competition (NISCC) held in London. Our students also regularly compete against schools such as Tonbridge and Charterhouse.
Sussex Independent Schools Climbing Competition (SISCC):
- Felix Warren - Junior Boys' Champion 2017
- Maddy Hunt - Junior Junior Girls' Champion 2017
- Sam Ericson - Senior Boys' Silver medal 2017
National Indepedent Schools Climbing Competitions (NISCC):
- Junior team - Bronze medal 2018 and 2017
- Sam Ericson - Silver and two bronze medals 2017
- Dominic Lawrence - Bronze medal 2017
- Eric Hansson - Bronze medal 2017
Inter-schools Boulder Competition:
- Junior team - Champions 2018; Silver medal 2017
- Senior team - Champions 2017; Silver medal 2018